International Medical Relief Trips Are All Inclusive
Your tax deductible donation for participating in an IMR trip covers international transportation from the continental United States, ground transportation, lodging, meals, permit requirements, clinic, airport taxes and other requirements necessary. We take care of all of the logistics for your trip as well as the organization of the clinics in each area.
Know Where Your Donation Goes
IMR encourages every participant to understand where every donated dollar goes. We believe in accountability and transparency for all of your donations. While each trip has its own set of program costs, this PDF breaks down the average cost of a trip: Participant Trip Costs
When you view the details on upcoming trips, you will see the cost (minimum donation) of each individual trip. Trip costs vary depending on the location and time of year of travel.
YOUR DONATION TO IMR INCLUDES:
All group costs from the time you arrive at the team meeting point in country until you separate from the team, including transportation, lodging, food, tips for services provided to the IMR team, costs associated with clinic, and all logistics, including translation services and security as needed.
COSTS THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN ADDITION TO YOUR DONATION TO IMR:
- International round-trip flight to destination city and any costs associated with this portion of your travel.
- Passport fees, visa fees, and transit fees, including baggage or overnight accommodations/meals while in transit.
- International malpractice insurance (learn more about insurance requirements).
- Medical evacuation insurance.
- Vaccinations and medications common for travel.
- Spending money for souvenirs and personal purchases.
- Trip supplies and personal equipment or small gifts for the special people you meet.
- Any lodging, meals, and transportation outside of the scheduled team trip, payable at the time of service to the local vendor.
We Are Here To Help You Raise Funds
International Medical Relief has a customized fundraising page for you to help ease your fundraising campaign and our volunteers have great success with this special volunteer fundraising portal. You can send out our standard letter or customize your own. All donations go directly into your account without delay. You can control the amount you want to raise and turn on and off your fundraising page as you wish. We assist you in making donations to your trip simple and internally manage your tax deductible donations and receipts for you. Many organizations also have matching-gifts programs where you can submit your trip program and get half covered up front.