Each volunteer is required to complete and submit an application along with a non-refundable fee of $100 for processing the application, verification of appropriate licenses and establishing a new fundraising page. The application and fee also hold the volunteer’s place on the requested medical mission trip selected on the application.
The application fee applies to the medical mission trip selected when applying. The application fee may be applied to another trip that occurs within 6 months of the original trip selected, if the volunteer is unable to go on the originally selected trip. A new application and application fee will be required for any medical mission trip beyond that 6-month period.
All funds raised through this website shall be credited to an individual user for travel with International Medical Relief to one of it’s destinations. Raising more than the required funds will be considered a donation to the medical outreach the user is attending. All donations mailed to IMR by check and all donations made through a volunteer’s fundraising page will be charged a 5% processing fee. This fee covers costs that include merchant fees and other associated administrative costs.
I acknowledge that the all payments and donations submitted to International Medical Relief (IMR) are non-transferable and non-refundable. If you are unable to participate in the trip, your payments and/or donations cannot be refunded nor can they be transferred to another participant. Your donations will go to support IMR’s mission of providing medical, dental and surgical care to under-served and vulnerable people around the world, and we hope your donors will appreciate supporting IMR regardless of your participation in the actual trip.
International Medical Relief respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. International Medical Relief may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. International Medical Relief will remove infringing materials in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act if properly notified that content infringes copyright.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide International Medical Relief with a written notification containing at least the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the International Medical Relief Site, sufficient for International Medical Relief to locate the material;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe that your work has been removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, please provide the International Medical Relief’s Copyright Agent with a written counter-notification containing at least the following information (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel or see Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(g)(3), for more information):
- a physical or electronic signature of the subscriber/user of the Services;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement made under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- the subscriber’s name, address, telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the aforementioned notice requirements, your notification or counter-notification may not be valid and that International Medical Relief may ignore such incomplete or inaccurate notices without liability of any kind.
Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(f), any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing or was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
Intellectual Property Rights — Users
The Service may provide users with the ability to add, create, upload, submit, distribute, collect, or post (“Submitting” or “Submission”) content, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, data, text, photographs, software, scripts, graphics, or other information to the Site (collectively, the “User Submissions”). By Submitting User Submissions on the Site or otherwise through the Service, you:
- acknowledge that by Submitting any User Submission to the Site, you are publishing that User Submission, and that you may be identified publicly by your User ID in association with any such User Submission;
- by Submitting any User Submissions through the Site or the Service, you hereby do and shall grant International Medical Relief a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sublicensable and transferable license to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, the Service and International Medical Relief’s (and its successors and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) or the Service in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites). You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site and/or the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site and the Service, and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to International Medical Relief does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
- you agree to pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity due to your Submission of any User Submissions to the Service;
- that the use or other exploitation of such User Submissions by International Medical Relief and use or other exploitation by users of the Site and Service as contemplated by this Agreement will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including without limitation any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; and
- understand that International Medical Relief shall have the right to delete, edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, or translate any materials, content or information submitted by you; and that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated and that International Medical Relief will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and that International Medical Relief cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Service.
International Medical Relief does not endorse and has no control over any User Submission. International Medical Relief cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom.
International Medical Relief has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that International Medical Relief has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gains access to the Site; what Content you access via the Site; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release International Medical Relief from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct you to websites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. International Medical Relief makes no representations concerning any Content contained in or accessed through the Site, and International Medical Relief will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Service.
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. International Medical Relief, AND ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (B) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (C) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (D) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18USC 2701-2711): International Medical Relief MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE. International Medical Relief will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Content stored on International Medical Relief’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL International Medical Relief, NOR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) ONE-HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where such Content is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Electronic Delivery/Notice Policy and Your Consent
By using the Services, you consent to receive from International Medical Relief all communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with the Services (collectively, “Contract Notices”) electronically. International Medical Relief may provide such electronic Contract Notices by posting them on the International Medical Relief Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Contract Notices electronically, you must discontinue your use of the International Medical Relief Site and Services.
Integration and Severability